How do I check the status of my application?
If you have applied for Social Security benefits, you can check the status of your application online. The application status will show you:
- when your application was received
- if additional documents were requested
- the address of the office that is processing you application
- if a decision has been made
If you prefer, or if you are unable to check the status of your application online, you can:
- Call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Contact your local Social Security office